ask us anything...


Q. Do I need to consult a Structural Engineer for my project?

It’s a very good question, and in reality you will need to ask a structural engineer this question once you have a project in mind. If however you already have a builder or architect working for you, then they will also have a very good idea as to whether an engineer is required for your project. Another answer will require that you call up your local Building Control Offices and describe the project to them. The litmus test is, if Building Control require calculations; then you will need to consult an engineer.

Q. How long does it normally take to receive a fee estimate from a structural engineer and how accurate will it be?

This is highly dependant on the level of information that you have provided them with. An experienced engineer will require very little information to come up with a plan of action for you. This may require a quick site visit and investigation though. If the project is a large one, then allow for atleast 2-3 days for the engineer to come back with an estimate and a list of deliverables.


Free Quote